Friday, December 28, 2007

Flickr and tagging

I've found the tagging feature on Flickr to be very useful for both work and personal items. When searching for a good vacation hotel, I used Flickr to type in hotel names and places and came up with much more realistic photos of rooms and views from views that I ever would have found on the hotel site. Great thing is some of those tags also let me know "DON'T STAY HERE EVER!" or worst hotels were a big clue in.

For work purposes I've used Flickr to help me develop Power Point presentations for assisting people in coming up with ideas for interesting library displays, finding fresh pictures for other presentations, and ideas for my own creative displays of materials. It's a great place to use tagging for a certain library to see what they are up to. (See Hennepin County or Charlotte Mecklenberg libraries for their new, fresh teen programs.)

No comments: